WIND OR HYDRO only
WARNING the standard Wind/Hydro Kid is not protected from over voltage, If you have a turbine that can produce more than 149 Volts DC you MUST use one of our Clippers. See the WIND KID and Clipper bundles instead. Overvoltage damage will NOT be covered under warranty
THE KID IS CERTIFIED TO UL1741 & UL458 (MARINE SUPPLEMENT)
With the UL458 marine supplement, THE KID meets very strict vibration, environment, and thermal requirements.
Comes standard with wall mounting bracket. Model number MNKID-B for the Black standard and MNKID-W for the White standard version. Standard versions can be cut into the wall for a flush mount assembly and also come with a surface mount wall adapter to mount on the wall.
AGS (Auto Generator Start)
The Kid is the first charge controller in the industry to feature a two wire Automatic Generator Start (AGS) as standard equipment. The KID detects when the generator is running by simply watching battery voltage over time. No extra wires or voltage sensing is required making installation a snap.
I'm frequently asked why customers would buy a Wind Kid from us rather than a Competitors controller. I like this question because it's so easy to answer!
THE Roy Butler
READ MORE ABOUT THE KID...
- It's made right here in Arlington, Washington USA by US workers
- It costs much less than the competitors controllers
- It can handle Wind or Hydro turbines with true MPPT tracking or using the many unique settings available for customizing it to a specific turbine
- It has generator start with gen start verification (find THAT in a Chinese controller!)
- It has no fans and is sealed for harsh environments
- It's backed by a 5 year warranty
- And although I may be a bit biased, it's supported by the best technical support team in the
- AGS (Auto Generator Start)
- MPPT Tracking
- Type 1 environmental rating
- Up to 150V input
- 12V, 24V, 36V, 48V battery output
- Up to 30 amps battery output
- No fan
- Reverse polarity protected
- Battery Temp Sensor included
- Front panel exchangeable fuses for battery and input.
- 3 LED bar graph for battery status at a glance
- Keypad for access to extensive menu items and set points
- Includes wall mount adapter, Boat mount bracket available as an accessory
- Sealed for harsh environments
- Built in Arlington, WA USA
- Warranty - 5 yrs.