The MidNite SOB (Shut Off Box) is a simple to install, low cost rapid shut down system designed to comply with 2014 as well as 2017 NEC.
The system uses a receiver at the module that wires in just like an optimizer and a transmitter that is installed in or near the Inverter. The installer does not need to install any other wiring between the transmitter and receiver. The system is fail safe, if the receiver does not sense the keep alive data stream from the transmitter, it turns off and opens the circuit.
This is a new product and supplies will be limited until production is 100%.
The MNLSOB system was designed to work with grid-tied Inverters. At this time, it does not work with charge controllers.
- Receiver is fail safe, if PLC signal goes away the SOB turns off the string
- A receiver is placed at the end of each string. Up to six strings
- Module level shut down can be achieved by installing one receiver per panel
- 600 Volt Maximum
- 80V maximum panel voltage
- 12A maximum string current
- Operating temperature range: 600V – 40ºC to +80ºC
- Tested to 4000 feet round trip of pv wiring
California Residents: Warning