The "KID" charge controller
Firmware Revision Number: Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 fix (MUST RUN THIS BEFORE UPDATE AND REBOOT PC)
Firmware Revision Date: Oct 27, 2014
Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 Fix.
This is for Windows 8, 8.1 and 10 users only!
- Turn OFF your antivirus software
- Download the file to a known location on your computer
- Double click to open the file and agree to Install on your computer
- Reboot your computer
- Follow the instructions on how Update the firmware like if you would in any other Windows Version.
The kid is very simple to update. It uses drag and drop updating.
- Download the firmware file from this page and save it to a place on your computer where it is easy to find. We recommend the desktop.
- Plug the USB cable into the Kid and then into your PC’s USB port.
- Press the Menu Back button on the Kid. Scroll to Tech and press Enter.
- Scroll to Firmware Update and press Enter.
- A folder that looks like a thumb drive should open on the PC. Simply drag the file from step one into that folder and the Kid handles the rest!
After the Kid completes updating, please trigger a Factory Reset.
**WARNING** Factory Reset erases all of your settings and all values will have to be re-entered.
- Press the Menu / Back button
- Scroll to Tech and press Enter
- Move the star (*) to Factory Reset and press Enter
- The Kid will instruct you to hold the Left and Right arrow keys down for 5 seconds and this will trigger a factory reset.