| Firmware List
Classic, Classic SL & Classic Lite Charge Controllers
Firmware Revision Number: Rev 2126 For windows
Firmware Revision Date: 1-17-17
Fixed the MAC address bug
Changed some characteristics of the turbo fan operation
A Factory Restore is Mandatory after this update (Please note you MUST update the Classic and MNGP first). This will erase all the custom settings so make sure you have them noted before hand. The New AUX functions can possibly change the settings in the existing AUX modes so if a factory restore is not done please verify all Aux settings.
To do a Factory Restore or a Quick Start first turn the battery and solar power to the Classic off. Next, turn the battery power back on while holding the Left and Right arrows. Hold the arrows until the Solar, Wind or Hydro screen pops up. Follow the on screen prompts and continue setup. Note: This will reset all settings to factory defaults. You will need to reset any custom settings such as Aux 1 and 2. You may want to write these settings down for reference prior to resetting the Classic.
Follow Me wiring and programming instructions can be found in the Classic Users manual.
The way to do the hardware version of the factory restore (VMM)is as follows. There are 4 sets of jumpers directly above the blue terminal block. For the purpose of this we will call the left most jumper JP1 and the right most JP4 (actually labeled ^Boot^)
- Step 1- Turn the PV and Battery power off to the Classic and remove the front cover
- Step 2- Locate the 2 jumpers JP1 and BOOT (JP4). Take the actual jumpers and keep them in your hand
- Step 3- Turn the Battery power on to the classic
- Step 4- within 1 minute place jumper JP4 on its two pins and then place jumper JP1 on its two pins. at this point the 3 leds on the top of the circuit board should flash back and forth for about 60 seconds.
- Step 5- After the flashing stops power down the classic and remove JP1 and JP4 and stow them back on a single pin like they where.
- Step 6- Put the front cover on and power up the Classic Lite. If you have the MNLP set to Custom you will need to go to the local app and reset the battery voltage and setpoints etc.